Why Reconstruction and Renovations for Senior Home Improvement?
According to statistics by the Administration of Aging, the percentage of people above 65 years of age is expected to increase from 12.9% of the US population in 2009 to 19% by 2030. Not only this, but the boomers are increasingly preferring to stay in their own homes rather than shift to elder care or senior care homes. This only goes to show how important it is to undertake senior home improvements and ensure that the premises are safe and user friendly for its residents. Renovating and remodeling existing homes is the easiest way to make the space safe and convenient for free movement. The effort also saves the elders from being forced to choose elder care homes for spending their retired lives.
Failing eyesight, weak muscles and difficulty in movements are only some of the physical disabilities commonly experienced by seniors. These problems can be taken care of with some well thought out changes in the design and construction of the home. The ultimate aim is to ensure that the independence of seniors is not restricted in any way.
Why Ultimate Total Reconstruction for Renovations and Senior Home Improvement?
Having established ourselves as a leading provider of high quality construction services throughout British Columbia and Alberta, we at Ultimate Total Reconstruction have been winning over satisfied clients for more than 30 years now. But our proficient services do not only gain from our experience and professional training, we believe in keeping ourselves updated with the latest trends and developments in the construction industry.
This is why we can confidently say that we know exactly what senior home improvement should include. When we undertake reconstruction or renovation jobs specially meant to make a home safe for seniors we ensure that:
- The floor of every room is even
- The bedroom and living room are located on the ground floor and if they are on the upper floors, there is an elevator.
- All doors are wide enough to allow free movement of wheelchairs and walkers.
- Flooring is not slippery and a person can put their feet firmly on the floor without fearing a fall. Even a wheelchair can easily be moved around on it.
- All the stairs have handrails.
- Lighting is adequate in all sections of the home. If this is not so, we will install adaptable lighting systems that can be brightened or dimmed according to your requirements.
- Door handles can be easily opened.
- Thorough cleaning of the interiors and exteriors, with painting of exteriors and upkeep of the yard and other places.
- Grab bars installed in the bathrooms
- Showers that are curbless and have adjustable shower heads that can even be detached.
- Toilet seats are slightly higher to allow easy sitting.
- Customization of bedroom closets so that everything can be reached from a wheelchair
- Entry steps that are low or accompanied by a ramp to enable the use of wheelchairs and walkers.
- Kitchen counters that are low to wheel into and with space to fit in the legs
- Special plumbing and support systems, customized to be used by a person in a wheelchair
Apart from these measures our staff can help you organize your living space, rearrange your furniture in a better way to make more space and even organize garbage sale to purge non needed household items.
We sometimes also recommend the installation of a variety of smart appliances, depending on the specific needs of the residents of the particular home. The use of instruments, such as built in sensors that can track movement and activity patterns of the residents, can be highly useful in ensuring their well being and informing us about any change in their movement level. If you are worried about how to fund all these renovations and reconstruction of your home, several types of government grants are available for extending your home stay. Now, the choice is in your hands – you can continue to live in your own home, remain independent and safe.
If you are looking for ways to extend your stay in your own home by making the premises conducive and sage, Ultimate Reconstruction is here to provide you a whole range of services to renovate and improve your home at the most affordable rates. Contact us TODAY for honest, high quality and cost effective construction solutions.